Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Norman Children's Chorus at the Holy Family Cathedral

My wife, Beth Grimmett-Tankersley, is an accomplished pianist. One of her long-term positions has been as the accompanist for Norman Children's Chorus. The choir, under the direction of Sandy Knudson, has received much acclaim and has performed all over Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri as well as other places I don't know about because to be honest I don't 100% pay attention all the time.

Last week the group performed at Holy Family Cathedral in Tulsa. I caught a couple of solid excerpts from the performance. Please forgive some of the stupid camera-work. I had to make a last minute adjustment that left me all bug-a-boo. I have a much firmer appreciation for photographers and videographers who cover live events.



Love Lies Under the Old Oak Tree from Nicholas Tankersley on Vimeo.
Norman Children's Chorus performs "Love Lies Under the Old Oak Tree" at the Holy Family Cathedral in Tulsa, Oklahoma. January 19, 2012.

Artistic Director - Sandy Knudson
Accompanist - Beth Grimmett-Tankersley


Ani Ma'amin from Nicholas Tankersley on Vimeo.

Norman Children's Chorus performing "Ani Ma'amin" at the Holy Family Cathedral in Tulsa, Oklahoma January 19, 2012.


Aristic Director - Sandy Knudson
Accompanist - Beth Grimmett-Tankersley

No comments:

Post a Comment